Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He Gets It

Here's the thing. Today was a totally fine, normal day. No crises. No deadlines. Definitely plenty to do, but nothing extraordinarly pressing or stressful or difficult.

But emotionally, it was just one of those days. One of those days you can't explain to someone, because really, nothing's wrong. But you just want to go home and take your pants off and crawl into bed and maybe watch a sad movie or Grey's Anatomy and be alone. Just because. Not because anything's really wrong.

I was on the phone today with Nate, telling him about my totally fine, normal day, but then admitted, "I just feel so sad right now, and I don't know why. Like, I just feel like crying."

And all he said was, "I understand."

He didn't try to fix anything. He didn't try to psychoanalyze me. He didn't tell me I was a crazy hyper-emotional girl (which maybe I am, so that would've been fine, but yeah.). He didn't ask for me to explain the unexplainable. He just...got it.

That was the best response I could have hoped for. I felt better after that.

I like him a lot, you guys.

No comments: