Monday, January 2, 2012

30 For 30 Remix, Day 1: The Kick Off

Denim shorts: The Limited, striped blouse: The Limited, cargo jacket: Forever 21, flower pin: bought at a craft show, shoes: Sperrys, canvas tote: Marc Jacobs, bangles: Forever 21, ring: The Limited, shades: Ray-Bans.




I might just stop the challenge here...this is one of my favorite outfits I've ever worn. I received a big fat Forever 21 gift card for Christmas and bought this military jacket with it, and I know I will have to restrain myself to not remix it every single day. Love. It.

I was iffy with the flower pin. Nathan asked me if it squirted water. Also, it is not seatbelt-friendly. But my suppressed hesitation paid off because I was complimented on it all day. I liked taking basic, sort of boyish pieces (a boxy blouse, denim shorts, the jacket) and adding some feminine details like the jewelry and pin to soften the look up.

Oh, and that golden glow you see is not that of a real California girl. It's totes fakesies...I got a spray tan for New Year's Eve because I had major farmer's tan action happening, and that's a no-no when you wear a strapless dress. (I'm still figuring out how I got a farmer's tan...I'm not even tan enough for a farmer's tan!!)

Day 1 down, 29 more to go. This'll be an easy challenge, right? Right?!

No comments: