Monday, January 2, 2012

The 30 For 30 Remix

With the ringing in of the new year, I'm starting the 30 for 30 Remix challenge that I've been seeing on so many fashion blogs. (Kendie started the fun here.) The rules are simple: take 30 items from your closet and make 30 outfits from them.

A handful of my friends do Dressember every year, which, as its name suggests, is a challenge to wear dresses for the entire month. My friends' photos always look adorable and make me regret not participating in Dressember, too. Then a half second later I remember that I don't like dresses and confine wearing them to weddings and holidays. Anyway, my point is...I appreciated their commitment to challenging themselves to get creative with their personal style through limitations. And that's the reason the 30 for 30 Challenge really appeals to me; I like the idea of getting creative with remixing the contents of my closet in new ways, and also just appreciating what I have instead of lamenting that “I have nothing to wear!!”

I've included shoes in the challenge, but not accessories. (They're like chips and salsa...those calories don't count as part of the meal...am I right?!) My remix will include the following:

5 pairs of shoes
3 skirts
3 pairs pants
1 pair shorts
4 sweaters
10 tops
2 blazers
2 jackets

Oh, one other thing...my blog is not going to turn into a fashion blog. (I am not a committed enough documentarian. Also, I am not consistently fashionable enough for that.) I just thought this would be something fun to challenge myself with. Here's to hoping I can remix the above items into some stylish stuff...won't you join me?

Happy New Year!

No comments: