Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good...

Yesterday afternoon I drove to Tustin to meet my friends and head up to the Angels game. It was a beautiful afternoon--sunny, bright, hot; it felt like a carefree midsummer day. I had the window down in my car and was listening to the Saddleback student ministries' worship CD. I had heard it many times, but last night seemed like the first. As I listened to the lyrics, I was overcome with joy and gratitude thinking about the freedom and hope that we have in Christ. And it’s only because of his grace that I know who he is and have a relationship with him. I can’t explain how moved I was thinking about this. It made me realize that I don’t think I get “excited” enough about my salvation…why is that? Do I even get it? I’m more evangelical about a new brand of mascara or jeans than I am about my savior. How could I not shout his praise every day? I get to spend my life, now and forever, with Jesus. That’s incredible!

At our last staff meeting, Pastor Rick reminded us to never lose that sense of awe…never forget that it’s okay to be moved to tears by what God’s doing. What a great reminder. This Easter, I really am thankful for the one who raised my life up from the dead.

God’s love is rescuing. His grace is amazing. His love is forever.

“Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD.”

Psalm 150:6.

No comments: