Friday, November 14, 2008

My diaper bag


Let me preface this post by saying that I am not what I would call “obsessed” with very many brands…really, many generic-brand things sufficiently float my boat. However, I will admit that purses and handbags are very much the exception. That being said, you might’ve noticed my “thing” for Coach stuff.

Well, last year I got an awesome Coach totebag as a gift. It’s big. It’s black. It’s got the signature “C” print all over it, the leather handles, the little keychain tag. I couldn’t wait to use it on my trips to Seattle and London because it was so much more chic than my NorthFace backpack, or to use it for holding my schoolbooks and laptop. It even came with a little pad to wrap my laptop in, and has tons of pockets inside. Basically, it’s the greatest bag ever. I love it like McGill loves his minivan.

Turns out, this totebag is, in fact, a DIAPER BAG. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I, 25-year-old single girl Lisa, own and carry around frequently, a diaper bag. And that handy little cushioned pad that I thought was for my laptop? It’s a changing pad. To change diapers. Ugh. Please.

I’m sure hoping that I don’t give people too much of a maternal impression with it…I still love it, and will still rock it, even if it’s A DIAPER BAG…

1 comment:

Megan said...

I purchased the same bag in solid black for work. It's perfect for textbooks and papers that need grading. Who needs a baby to own a cute diaper bag? Not us!