Monday, February 28, 2011

Lisa Birle's Day Off

"The question isn't 'What are we going to do?' The question is 'What aren't we going to do?'"

Today, I had a much-needed day off. Here's what I did:

Hit the Chicago Stock Exchange
Made it to the Skydeck of the Sears Tower
Hung out at the Art Institute
Caught a fly ball at a Cubs game at Wrigley Field (I heard it was televised!)
Sang on a float in the Von Steuben parade

Oh, wait...wrong person. Sorry. Here's what I really did today:

Watched some Academy Award fashion-related news on E!
Finished writing an article
Went to Starbucks and read The Hunger Games
Cleaned my bathroom
Straightened up my room
Put away dishes
Folded clothes
Went through mail
Washed my hair
Took a quiz online about Catholic Reform for school
Did reading and homework for school

Nothing adventurous or exciting or extraordinary. I didn't put on makeup and wore pajamas most of the day. I woke up without an alarm clock and did everything slowly and without any sense of urgency. And I feel amazing--rested and refreshed and ready for the week. I've recently mentioned how I've been struggling with time management and feeling stressed lately. Sometimes I feel so busy that having time to do this kind of stuff feels like a complete luxury.

It's so nice to have time to catch up on the lame stuff sometimes. It helps me enjoy Life a litle bit more, to breathe a little bit easier.

Life moves pretty fast, you know, and if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it...

No comments: