Monday, October 11, 2010

The Blog is Back in Town

I miss blogging. I can't believe it's been so long since I've written a post of substance or interest. Shameful.

And I want to apologize to you, my readers, for the neglect, even though I'm not really under the delusion that anyone really reads my blog except my dad (Hi Dad. I love you. Go Phillies!). But if you have indeed missed my blogs, I am sorry, and I want to assure you that I will be blogging more regularly now.

One reason is because I actually got a new laptop! His name is Ishmael. The last one I used was a high school graduation present. (I graduated in 2001. That means my old laptop is nine years old. In computer years, that's, like...nine years old.) Not having a good computer definitely hinders one's ability to blog. I am loving the Ish.

Another reason is because I want to and need to write more. I have been thinking about some goals that I want to achieve, and one of them involves improving my writing skills. It's a craft--an art--and I need to do it as much as possible if I want to be good at it.

And lastly...I love writing and blogging and have genuinely missed it. So, Dad, even if you are the only person who reads my blog, that's fine with me. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Josh Treece said...

I STILL READ!!!

I had actually justified (to myself) my blog absence after going to your blog and Allison's and seeing that I wasn't the only one who hadn't posted in a while.

Keep up the good writing!

Michal said...

I'm always reading your blogs... keep it up Bee!!

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog since mid 2008. I'm a former student of Josh Treece, and I found your blog off of his. You're amazing. You express yourself so clearly. Your wordplay and puns, paired with the rest of your literary genius, makes your blog one of the best. You are most definitely a gifted writer.

Keep up the good work.

-Trent Andreas