Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another Christmas List

My Christmas wish list wasn't really for the purpose of you buying me gifts; I hope you got that. Those things are fun, but I’d just be temporarily entertained by them. And I would smell really good...

I actually thought about what I really want over the weekend…you know, the good stuff that can’t be bought.

Here's what you can't get me for Christmas:

Self-awareness. What an awesome thing to have. Sometimes our oblivion causes us to unknowingly hurt others with our tone, words, actions, and even negligence. We’re also unaware of God’s voice in our lives and don’t see the areas we need to grow in. Self-awareness is a powerful thing that I’d say most of us don’t have a firm grasp on.

Kindness. I want the ability to love people to be less of a choice and more of an automatic reaction. I can definitely improve with showing people how much I love and appreciate them.

To be myself and like it. I’ve underestimated myself my entire life, and I often say self-deprecating comments or make fun of my interests before anyone else has the chance to, just to show that I’m aware of my nerdy tendencies. But that nonsense needs to stop. I really, really do like myself. I just still need to learn to be unapologetic about it.

I don’t ever want to be in a place where I don’t feel I’m learning, growing, and changing for the better. I want to be God’s best. And with his transforming power, I have no doubt that I will grow in these gifts...

No comments: