Friday, March 27, 2009

Earth laughs in flowers. --Emerson

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. --Monet

Last weekend was full of flowers! It was the perfect way to welcome springtime.


First, sweet Sara took me to the flower fields in Carlsbad. We were overwhelmed by all the bright blooms and their delicious colors, and we also had some incredible conversation as we took lots of fun pictures. It was so lovely standing among the flowers, as if in a painting, drinking in the sunshine, and looking out at the ocean and feeling its breeze.
Then, we picked up Sara's old roommate and made our way to downtown San Diego to Extraordinary Desserts. I can't even begin to describe the Nero-ish novelties we found there! I had salad with flowers in it and a piece of truffle framboise, decorated with gold and rose petals! It was an incredible Saturday.

Sunday was, well, whatever the opposite of "incredible" is. I was tired, burdened, and did not feel well. But after a great night of Peace training and a bouquet of orange daisies and roses from Nicole, I was definitely cheered up.

Flowers...I love seeing their beauty smile at me, in times of celebration or sadness. I read a quote online that said "In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends." There's something powerful about them, and they make me feel happy...just like my friends.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

"I perhaps owe having become a happy person to desserts. --Hibbard

Dear God are those beautiful desserts!
LOVE this!!!
:)