Sunday, April 29, 2012

Come to Me

Come to Me when you are weak and weary.  Rest snugly in my everlasting arms.  I do not despise your weakness, My child.  Actually, it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion--My yearning to help.  Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.

Do not compare yourself with others, who seem to skip along their life-paths with ease.  Their journeys have been different from yours, and I have gifted them with abundant energy.  I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in My Presence.  Accept this gift as a sacred treasure: delicate, yet glowing with brilliant Light.  Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it.

Isaiah 42:3; Isaiah 54:10; Romans 8:26

This is from a torn-out page that a friend handed to me during a season of exhaustion last year...a season of exhaustion and frustration.  I happened upon this page tonight as I was organizing my room, and am so thankful I stumbled upon it.  I hate feeling weak, tired, and weary.  But I know where I can find safety, refuge, and rest.

No comments: