Sunday, February 19, 2012

30 For 30 Remix, Day 22: Too Much?

Flats: Nine West, jeggings and sweater: Old Navy, shirt: J. Crew, bag: Coach, tie belt worn as bow: from a pair of shorts from Target.The bow got major mixed reviews today...to my face. Which is fine. I can deal. I'm just still not sure how I feel about this look.

Here's my problem--I love dated things. Things like....neckties. Top hats. Ascots. I've seen this bow tie look all over the internet, but not in Real Life. (Check it.) And I know that things we see on the internet should not always be used as cues to make decisions. I think maybe with the curly hair, the look is a little too...precious? Maybe with a white shirt and leather jacket to toughen things up, it might work?

Consider this a fashion miss for now, but I'm not giving up on this bow tie look. I'm going to make it work, guys...just wait and see.

No comments: