Wednesday, January 12, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Marc Jacobs handbags and Renaissance paintings
Stamps in my passport and old worn-in blue jeans
Perfume and fashion ads in magazines
These are a few of my favorite things

Jane Austen novels and hand-written love notes
Starbucks and Target and headbands with big bows
Friends who can make me smile through anything
These are a few of my favorite things

Paris and London and Berlin and Rome
Hitting all green lights when I’m driving home
The soft springtime sky and a warm golden breeze
These are a few of my favorite things

When the hair’s flat
When the sale ends
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You're brilliant.

lauren nolte said...

you really are just the greatest. i love this version 100x more than the original and that's saying a LOT.

Allison said...

I JUST wrote a version of this song to introduce Matt McGill to our HSM this weekend...so fun to read yours! I love it!