Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In the Red (Literally)


Sometimes, red is good....

Red Lobster's all-you-can-eat Shrimpfest
Red velvet cupcakes from Sprinkles
Red lipstick with an LBD

And sometimes, red is bad....

Being caught red-handed
The Boston Red Sox
And...running a red light

That's right. I got my first ticket ever last week, for running a red light! I'm so ashamed...I wasn't even speeding! Drivers kill people when they run red lights. And now I'm one of those people. I'm a red light runner. And I got nailed for it.
I'm red with embarrassment! I feel like I'm wearing a scarlet letter. It was not a red-letter day.

I've always considered myself a better driver than 99% of people on the road. This was a pretty big blow to my ego. To be honest, I still consider myself a pretty good driver. And I certainly don't belong in traffic school with all those bad drivers...and, I mean, what do you wear to traffic school, anyway? (Maybe I should wear a red dress?)
Ugh.

Right now, red is bad.

No comments: