My small group is participating in our own 2009 Biggest Loser Challenge…but it’s a little different than the TV show. (We are not working out six hours a day while scary trainers yell at us, eating nothing, and losing hundreds of pounds in three months.)
Here’s how it works:
1. Each of us is creating a healthy and realistic fitness goal…one that we believe we can achieve between October 1 and December 30. (For example: losing a specific amount of weight, working out a specific amount of time each week, bench pressing X amount of pounds, swimming x amount of laps, etc.)
2. We are breaking that goal down into a monthly goal. (Lose 5 lbs by Nov 1, work up to 45 minutes of running, etc.)
3. We are sending our long-term and monthly goals to all participants (which is our small group).
4. Each of us is pairing up with an accountability partner (of the same sex), whom we will report to on a weekly basis in order to stay on track.
5. At the end of each month, we will report to all participants on whether or not we reached our goal.
My goal is pretty simple: Work out three times a week. I’m the most inconsistent exerciser ever. So…wish me luck!!