A few friends from Fuel, who are leaving for the
THINGS YOU’LL NEED IN THE
- Bug spray with Deet. If I could only bring one thing to the D.R., it would be bug spray. I sprayed it all over myself, day and night, and even sprayed it on my bed, and still had up to 20 bites at once…big bites, little bites, blistery bites. Yikes!
- Anti-itch cream. This will save you a lot of discomfort from bites! And people on your team will thank you for bringing it as well.
- Aluminum water bottle. Our team filled up bottles from a large jug of water every morning at our hotel; we did not have individual water bottles. I got a cute product (RED) bottle at Starbucks. Make sure you bring it with you everywhere. It’s really hot in the D.R. and you need to drink water all day long.
- Umbrella. It rains. Hard. A lot. Randomly.
- Wet Wipes/anti-bacterial gel. I have come to learn that while traveling, soap cannot be found when you need it most! Anti-bac gel is the next best thing, and Wet Wipes are great to wipe all the mid-day sweat and grime off your face.
- A watch. I always use my cell phone at home, and it drove me nuts having to ask people what time it was. Get a cheap watch before you leave.
- A flashlight. Blackouts are common in the
. I’d say they happened about once a day. But don’t worry…they don’t last long! Dominican Republic
- SNACKS. This was the #1 thing our entire team wished we had brought more of. The next time I go to the
, I’m bringing a whole bag of snacks onto the plane with me, including Oreos, peanut butter, Teddy Grahams, and Snickers bars. Dominican Republic
- Don’t forget things like nail clippers, tweezers, bed sheets, and towels (for the shower and beach).
- An iPod charger is a must! (People on your team will forget theirs!)
THINGS YOU WON’T NEED IN THE
- Hair straightener. Ladies, seriously. I have the frizziest hair on the planet. I was told not to bring one, and brought one anyway. And I used it ZERO times. The
is 100% humid and extremely hot. Just go with the frizz…if it didn’t kill me, it won’t kill you. Dominican Republic
- Sweatshirt. It’s hot. Did I mention that? You don’t need any warm clothes for one second.
- Acrylic nails. Girls…get them taken off before you leave. Seriously. You’ll regret having them while you’re there. I have the shortest nails on the planet and dirt managed to find their way beneath them.
- Makeup. Unless you want to try to put makeup on while your face is sweating, just forget about it. You really don’t need makeup in the
. Give your skin a rest and put sunscreen on instead! Dominican Republic
I’m excited for the Fuel team to leave on their adventure, and for my team to have a reunion…the