Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ah, jury duty...


Yesterday I spent my time in beautiful downtown Santa Ana, at the courthouse, starting at 7:30am, jury summons in hand.

Not my favorite way to spend a Monday morning, or any morning for that matter, but it wasn’t too bad.

I was called, along with 199 other people, to a criminal case right off the bat. Apparently my name looks like "Leslie Burrow."

I sat next to a sweet old man wearing all black with white socks. When he asked me a question I noticed he had an Australian accent.

"Oh, are you from Australia?!" I asked him.

"Yeah, that's right."

"Oh my gosh, well I just started watching LOST.”

Silence.

Yes, I actually said that to him.

Anyway, after a loooong time hearing about the case, filling out a petition for dismissal, waiting forever to be dismissed, wondering why on earth a woman would wear an Ozzfest concert t-shirt to jury duty, being called back to be told I was dismissed, and checking out, I am now good for at least 364 days.

I've been called for jury duty FOUR out of the SEVEN years I've been eligible!!

But I’ve never been a juror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

I'm so sorry! I've never been called!

Hilarious that you talked to that man about LOST...