Monday, March 10, 2008

Hotel, Hotel

This weekend, Hayley and I stayed at the Bahia Hotel in San Diego. I had been helping a pastor on my team with registration for a marriage retreat this past weekend, and on Friday a couple had to drop out last-minute. Free hotel room? Oh, yeah!


Our welcome platter of fruit and chocolate seashells.

Our breakfast view of Mission Bay.

A little lagoon area at the resort.

Our balcony.


"Make sure you check out the seals in the pond," we were told.

"Pond? Uh, you mean the bay?"

"No, I mean there's a pond with seals here at the hotel."

Okay then!
Hayley and I made delicious preparations for our London trip in June.

On Saturday night, we went downtown to the Gaslamp District for dinner, shopping, and brownie sundaes at Ghirardelli's.

We brought plenty of books.


And played High School Musical Uno.

And just relaxed!
It was a fun weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lucky girl! this looks awesome.

i just realized you have kyle on your blog roll and you took the time to put the accent over the second e! i can guarantee he's beyond grateful!

Julie Hibbard said...

Heartbreaking work is one of my favorite books of all time. i have the London book too! AND 1001 places to see before you die is my 2nd Bible! I live for that book!!!
Love it!
And that bed looks sooo comfy!

David Hughes said...

I'm sorry...but HSM Uno pails in comparison to Sesame Street Uno...you have noooo idea...it's just not even a competition...

Lisa Marie said...

Dave, I totally got a lecture from Brett Prouty on SS Uno and how much better it is. I believe you, but I also need to experience that awesomeness for myself....

Allison said...

I can't believe you are reading Heart-Breaking Work. I just gave it to my friend Sam tonight...it is my very favorite book ever.