Friday, February 1, 2008

Life is a Chaiway


I go to Starbucks all the time. I suppose it could be considered a vice. (Go ahead and judge me.) I generally don’t spend my money too extravagantly, and when I get a $4 drink I skimp on the next meal or eat in to cut costs (Cream of Wheat for dinner? Oh, yeah!). I could justify going to Starbucks at any time. The people at ‘my’ Starbucks know my name, greet me with a smile, ask how I’m doing, and are always fast to make my drink. And they never mess up an order. I love starting my day at Starbucks!

I don’t think you’ve fully actualized life until you’ve tried an iced soy chai. I don’t drink coffee, so I was always stuck with having to order hot chocolate or iced tea before I discovered the amazingness of chai. My friend Jeananne introduced me specifically to iced soy chai. Starbucks’s description of it is the following: A spicy drink of black tea infused with cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and star anise added to fresh soy milk and ice. Yum. (The ‘yum’ was added by me.)

Spicy. Sweet. 230 calories and 3 grams of fat. Perfect. A Venti can substitute any meal. A Tall goes great with a book or a half-hour TV program. A Grande will get you through the first half of your workday.

If you’ve never had it, just chai it! And tell me what you think…

5 comments:

kyle. said...

re: cream of wheat for dinner.
instant or original?
flavored or non?
stove top or microwave?

Lisa Marie said...

Original.

Non-flavored.

Stove top.

Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips as a mix in.

E.Money said...

i tried chai the other day. nasty. but not SOY chai...sooo maybe that was the problem?

Lisa Marie said...

Cleary, you did not follow my explicit instructions on ordering, Elizabeth. Let's discuss this in the office, please.

PS I love you and I'm wearing my Sevens ;-)

Allison Murray said...

i LOVE chai!!!
i'm a venti soy chai with no water girl.....sooooo good.
this is why we are friends for sure....let's get coffee one day!!!