Thursday, December 13, 2007

25 Days of Love


Today is my 25th birthday. My friends know how much I love my birthday, so for the last 25 days, they have celebrated with me by counting down to the big day.

Every day for 25 days I’ve received something special from a friend. I’ve been made lunch, treated to breakfast and lunch, kidnapped for a manicure. I’ve been given gift cards, stationary, flowers, books, chocolate, picture frames, journals, movies, even a platter of mini cupcakes. I’ve gotten a High School Musical 2 calendar, tickets to “Behind the Emerald Curtain;” a behind-the-scenes tour of Wicked, Aqua Net hairspray, and even swim goggles! I’ve been surprised with presents on my doorstep, left on my desk, and even in my (locked!) car. I’ve gotten encouraging phone calls, texts, and e-mails. I was given a scrapbook to keep all of my encouraging notes and cards. I’ve been lavishly showered in love and gifts…every day for 25 days. At times the attention was embarrassing, but a friend told me, “Just enjoy it and let us love you. It’s how God loves you…extravagantly.”

This has been the most memorable and meaningful birthday of my life. I cherish you, friends. “Thank you” just doesn’t seem like a big enough phrase to express my gratitude to you. I will never forget the “25 Days of Lisa.” Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel so special and reminding me of just how much we are all extravagantly loved and valued by God.

2 comments:

annie said...

I'm so glad that your birthday has been so great this year! You are deeply loved, and every one of your friends is so blessed to have YOU as one of their friends. You're great. I love you!

Brit said...

I think this is amazing by the way!!!